MakeUp was an event held at Harvest Workroom as part of the State of Design's DESIGN FOR EVERYONE program in July 2011.
The MakeUp event centred on the principals of reusing and upcycling materials. During MakeUp people visited Harvest Workroom and experienced the Make Shop where they could drop in and engage in a creative project by purchasing a project off the menu and receiving a recipe card outlining what to do. All projects on the menu used reclaimed and re-cycled materials.
MakeUp also showcased local designers who use upcycling to enrich the story of their products and who hosted workshops at Harvest Workroom during the festival period.
* Make Your Own Willow Chair with landscape designer/furniture-maker Greg Hatton.
* Make A Mini Teepee from recycled yacht sailcloth with Leila Sanderson
* Weaving With Fabric with Maryann Talia Pau whose work focuses on body adornment using materials and craft techniques from Samoa and across the Pacific.
* Make a "Glaminex" Brooch using "found stuff" with Melbourne jeweller and object designer Liz Jones from Betty Jo Designs.
* Construction Knitting with Nikki Gabriel using her recycled yarn
* Upcycling Vintage Wallpaper with Harvest Textiles - learning to screenprint using upcycled wallpaper